Hot Door CADtools 10 for Adobe Illustrator CS6/CC/CC 2014/CC 2015
Sail through any design project with CADtools 10 for Adobe Illustrator. Draw in any scale, edit and dimension vector artwork with a mouse-click, and numerically control objects or points. All 87 tools and 12 panels are elegant, easy, and powerful to make every journey smooth and successful.
CADtools 10 glides with simplicity, offering hundreds of new scalable symbols, built-in help, and a friendly dashboard for controlling all CAD features. Conquer the seas with sinuous waves, precise grids, and repeated objects along paths – all within the world's leading drawing application.
- New features added in CADtools 10:
- Instantly reference help with in-app, context-sensitive user guide and 1-minute video tutorials
- View cursor tips that prompt how to use tools
- Access hundreds of editable symbols for architecture, people, and landscape that automatically scale to the target layer
- Organize CADtools tools and panels in one location with CADdashboard
- Easily access tool settings with improvements in the CADcontrol bar
- Add scale markers to maps and other designs with the Scale Line tool
- Repeat objects with precision with Repeat and Repeat Along Path tools
- Create precision signage using the Scaled Type tool
- Click-drag grids in a snap
- Click-drag waves or create them numerically
- Transform objects independently on their own axes in CADtracker
- Add company logos to CADtools title blocks
- Select new units for extremely small and large scales
The full CADtools symbol library is downloadable upon purchase. CADtools licenses work for Mac OR Windows, and are limited to ONE license per user. Multiple license discounts will appear as the quantity changes in the shopping cart. Email us for quotes and education discounts.
- Major drawing features:
- Draw Illustrator art in any scale – document or layer-based
- Use the simple scale calculator for extra help
- View scaled CADrulers and CADgrids
- Create and adjust walls and insert doors/windows
- Project art to axonometric/isometric planes for 3D effect
- Create cubes and cylinders with axonometric/isometric tools
- Draw grids and waves with numeric control
- Create instant titles and tables with easy numeric input
- Access hundreds of symbols of architecture, people, and landscaping
- Major dimensioning and labeling features:
- Click-drag dimensions with custom style or text
- Dimension every possible object, path, or points in space
- Create live dimensions that follow and respond to artwork changes
- Measure area, perimeter and length of one or more paths
- Create custom labels with text, numbers, alphabet or object geometry
- Major editing and transformation features:
- Numerically move and transform objects on group or independent axes with CADtracker
- Project or dimension flat art in axonometric view
- Create fillets, chamfers, and profiles on object corners
- Click to trim and extend paths to create precise intersections
- Slice paths into equal parts with the path divider tool
- Create offsets for vector paths, including numeric control
- Repeat objects in grid or along path with numeric precision
- Resize art in scale with proportion and scaled type tools
- Shortcuts and instructional features:
- Learn features fast with the context-sensitive, in-app user guide and 1-minute video tutorials
- Auto-dimension objects in the CADshortcuts panel
- Save or load CADtools settings as shareable Preset files
- Work fast with keyboard input while dragging dimensions, labels, doors/windows, polygons, rounded rectangles, grids, and waves to edit shapes on-the-fly
CADtools supports design projects of all sizes - view a partial client list.
Here's how it works:
1. Easy install - The CADtools plug-in is now installed in Illustrator's Plug-ins folder. CADtools adds 87 drawing, editing, labeling, dimensioning, transformation, creation, and utility tools organized in 10 groups right below Illustrator tools. CADtools show red dots which indicate the number and placement of mouse-clicks to edit or create an object, label or dimension. New tools (shown in red) include Scale Line, Repeat, Repeat Along Path, Scaled Type, Grid, and Wave tools.
- 2D Drawing
- 2D Dimensioning
- Axonometric Drawing
- Axonometric Dimensioning
- CAD Walls
- 2D Editing
Keyboard input while dragging makes these tools even more effortless! Dimensions change format with F, terminators with T, and font size with up and down arrows. Labels change format with F, terminators with T, leaders with L, shapes with S, and font size with up and down arrows. Doors and windows change width with up and down arrows and style with left and right arrows. Polygons change number of sides with up and down arrows. Rounded rectangles change radius with up and down arrows. Grid increments change with up and down arrows. Wave amplitude and frequency change with up, down, and side arrows.
2. CADtools panels and menu items are accessible from the menu bar:
- CADcontrol (next to the Illustrator Application Bar)
Links to technical support and tutorials are also accessible from the Window > CADtools menu.
3. Set up the document - Use the CADscale panel to define document or layer-based scale. Select from a wide range of engineering and architectural scales or create an unlimited number of custom scales. To figure out a new document scale using existing artwork and known values, use the Scale Calculator.
4. Check CADtools Preferences - Under Illustrator CC > Preferences > CADtools Preferences and set language, choose number format, and toggle many other settings that control drawing and dimensioning behavior.
5. Set up the grids and rulers - Use the CADguides panel to define CADgrid and CADruler settings that snap with CADtools drawing tools. Full screen cursors help highlight and snap to points while drawing CADtools lines or objects.
6. Draw with precision in 2D - Import CAD artwork or create your own vector objects in scale within Illustrator. Click-drag objects freely or create them numerically in scale. CADtools rectangles, circles, polygons, arcs, lines, walls, grids, and waves help build a detailed drawing with accuracy. Use grids and rulers, snapping features, numeric input, and the CADtracker panel to confirm your artwork. You can numerically adjust size, location, and rotation of objects with CADtracker as described below.
7. Create walls with doors and windows - The CADwalls panel adjusts wall width and orientation to make it so easy! Walls are created like lines and can snap to the nearest unit increment if alt/option is held while dragging. When walls are adjusted with the Move Wall tool, they slide with on-screen measurements. Add doors and windows with the new Door and Window Insertion tools with visual feedback, width and style settings.
8. Construct tables and title blocks - Create instant tables and title blocks. Click or click-drag the desired area and customize the size and text values.
9. Set up styles for dimensions and labels - The CADdimension panel combines the former CADtext and CADstyle panels into one convenient area controlling font, arrow style, text placement and spacing. Create unique dimension styles that polish professional design documents.
10. Get smart with CADshortcuts - Easily control CADtools settings and apply CADtools dimensions automatically. Use Presets to save CADtools settings, load into other documents, or share with others in the office to maintain consistency.
11. Dimension anything - The dimensioning tools are smooth and sophisticated. CADtools dimensions can be automatically attached to objects and images so they will stick together as you move and resize artwork. Measure any type of path – including Bezier curves and points in space!
12. Label everything - CADtools Label tools save hours of time by creating instant shape labels that angle, arc, or even squiggle to mark the spot. The new CADlabels panel adjusts label arrowheads and text separately from dimensions. Adjust the border spacing and border shape with ease. For special labeling jobs, use the Format menu to choose automatic incrementing by alphabet or numbers. Revision bubbles and section lines add finishing touches to design documents.
13. Offset paths and objects in scale - In the Transformation tool group, choose the offset tool and drag to offset paths and objects with visual feedback and distance information. Create offsets numerically by clicking once on the path or object.
14. Edit objects with divide, trim, extend, fillet and chamfer tools - Several precision editing tools help you modify, remove, extend or unite artwork as typically needed for CAD projects. The Path Divider tool cuts and marks paths in defined lengths or increments. The trim tool is remarkably useful, allowing dragging over paths for instant removal of excess segments. One special tool called Measure Scale works like a legend on a map - you drag a distance on the document and then define its represented distance to create a custom scale.
15. Corner profiles apply common shapes to corners for construction. Numerically input values for precision and scaled details.
16. Control it all through CADtracker - One of the most compact, powerful features of CADtools is the CADtracker panel. The first section of CADtracker is like the Info panel in Illustrator in scale, with added calculations of length, perimeter and area. These calculations are very useful for figuring out square footage and supplies such as flooring, trim materials, landscape coverage, etc. The CADtracker Transform section numerically resizes objects with scaled values. Area transform resizes objects to a specified area. The Move section moves objects in scale.
17. Axonometric drawing (including isometric drawing) - You can draw axonometric artwork easily with CADaxonometric drawing tools. The default drawing face is the front/left side. Drag with control key to create right/side faces. Drag with alt or option key to create top/bottom faces. Helpful cursor hints will appear for snapping and aligning faces together. Use the 2D CAD Line tool with the Shift+alt/option keys to create axonometric lines. Lines, faces, cubes, and cylinders can also be created numerically by clicking once on the document.
18. Axonometric projection - You can project any flat artwork (including text or placed images) to top, front, or side planes with the CADaxonometric panel. To edit the artwork with precision, flatten it, make adjustments, then reproject. Dimensions project in axonometric view as well.
19. Axonometric dimensioning - CADtools axonometric dimensioning tools work just like the 2D dimensioning tools. They can also be pulled out perpendicular to the object for enhanced readability and dimensionality. Like other dimensions, axonometric dimensions are linked to their objects if 'Attach dimensions/labels to objects' is checked in CAD Preferences.